In February of 2006, Full Proof Gospel Ministries again partnered with Dylan & Cheri Harris along their Diego to Fuego evangelistic bicycle adventure. This time, Jesse Boyd rendezvoused with the Harris’ at their “finish line” on Lapataia Bay in Tierra del Fuego–the southernmost tip of South America and 11,007 miles/14 months of pedaling from their starting point in San Diego, California. Over the next couple of weeks, the wind-swept regions of Tierra del Fuego and Patagonia were targeted with the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ as the team took Bibles and Gospel tracts into places like Rio Gallegos, El Calafate, El Chalten, Ushuaia (the world’s southernmost city), and backcountry border areas on the Chilean frontier (i.e. hitherto unplowed ground). Numerous locals and foreign trekkers were confronted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The streets of Buenos Aires (one of the world’s largest urban conglomerates), the Iguazu Region (an area in central South America where Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay come together), and the town of Carmelo in the neighboring country of Uruguay were also targeted. Many seeds were sown unto the glory of God.
other facts from this journey:
- Number of South American Countries Where the Word of God was Sown = 5
- Number of Andean Summits Where Gospel of Jesus Christ was Placed = 2
- Distance from Ushuaia, Argentina to Antarctica = 700 miles
- Location of the Earth’s most Erratic Weather = Patagonia, Argentina
- Gospel Tracts and Bibles freely distributed in the name of Jesus Christ = HUNDREDS
- Number of People confronted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ from Ciudad del Este, Paraguay to Ushuaia, Argentina = INNUMERABLE